Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 September 2014

My view on Microsoft applications

I have been asked to compile a blog post on my thoughts on Microsoft Applications. I cant say I've ever thought about it really, so I'm kind of writing this as I go along. So...

As a non-technological person, I have only ever used Microsoft (apart from the apple iPad). In a nut shell... I like Microsoft. I find it pretty much user friendly and I find many of the Applications that are found on it very useful, including the applications that are part of Microsoft Office. Word was incredibly useful to me when completing my dissertation as part of my undergraduate degree in particular, alongside powerpoint  and excel. Powerpoint enabled me to present my work in a professional manner and I am looking forward to using this application during my PCET course to present my teaching sessions. I found Excel rather difficult to grasp, but once I got my head around it... I was able to identify any trends in the research I gathered during my Psychology degree, and place all my findings in one place. I only ever used Excel on a basic level, but for what I did use it for... I thought it was really handy. As I previoously mentioned... Word was a massive application for me, and without it, I would have found my dissertation very difficult. I think it's great... right from  the referencing tool, right up to the ribbon where you can edit your fonts etc.

As I said, I havent got a massive list of Microsoft applications, as I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to anything other tha surfing the net or online shopping. Haha! I'm sure as I pursue a teaching career, and TRY and keep up to date with technology, I will learn a lot more, but for now... that's all I know.

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment