Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 December 2014

Assignment - Introduction.

Hi everyone, I know this seems a little odd, that I've done a good few posts on this blog, and now I am here writing this 'introduction'. But, I'll fill you in...

I am relatively new to blogging, and since the beginning of September, I have been grasping the whole 'embedding code' , ' mind mapping online', and generally discussing ideas that I wouldn't normally discuss. However, since embarking on a career within the educational sector, I feel that now this is an appropriate time to actually discuss these topics e.g. my personal experiences with Microsoft Applications (see later blog entry), and by recording them in an online journal like this, that can only be good right? Everyone  can see my posts, comment on them to share ideas and views, they're all saved in the same place, virtually accessible from anywhere... handy!

Learning how to use these sorts of websites, will only benefit me in the long run as I begin my journey to a qualified FE lecturer. I have already began my placement within a local college and I look forward to introducing my students to many applications that I am sure I will or perhaps may already have written about within this blog. Being a good teacher isn't just about having the knowledge.... it's about having the knowledge on how to relay that message across to sometimes over two dozen (or maybe more) individual brains at the same time! Now that's skill! These days.... technology often helps. But we always must remember, it's only a tool. The teacher is the facilitator, and I look forward to beginning my journey as a facilitator of learning.

1 comment: