Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 December 2014

Assignment - A brief blog review.

As a trainee teacher, I am always on the look out for fresh, innovative ways of getting the messages I need to deliver across to my students to always keep them interested no matter what the topic. I have recently discovered this fantastic blog which does exactly that! Bingo! It is written by a lady named Vicki Davis ...




There she is! 

The point of the blog is to introduce great, new ideas to deliver educational but fun lessons to students. The tag line of the blog reads... 'A real teacher helping teachers be really excellent'. Who doesn't want to be an excellent teacher hey?

The first blog entry that I read of hers was on a quick 're-tweet' that she had embedded into her blog of why teachers should tweet their children's learning...

The image above says it all, and by Vicki adding this to her blog, of which proves to be very popular... it will hopefully entice other users to use this social media tool for educational purposes rather than stalking celebrities or re-tweeting sports scores. Although the blog entry that I have mentioned here is very simple, it just goes to show the sort of 'cool' methods this teacher believes in and uses  herself within her classroom by integrating the 21st century. Often, they are not overly complicated, just using different methods to keep the students interested and guessing what's yet to come.

I urge you to take a look at Vicky Davis' '@coolcatteacher' blog. It may give you some great ideas on how to keep your kids interested at home, or keep them excited in class if you're a teacher. I know I will definitely be using it. I haven't even scratched the surface of it yet.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment